Replies: 10 (Who?), Viewed: 802 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 9:58 PM
Base Game Content
Hi, I was wondering if there was any way to view only base game content when in build/buy mode.
I have all of the EP's installed along with a couple of stuff packs but want to make base game houses.

Thanks.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 10:03 PM
Usin just base game stuff If you have all EP/SPs will not make a base game lot playable by others. You'd need to build it using Any Game Starter by Numenor

If you already have this starting a base only game will give you just the base items when building.

Happy building
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatermelonSandal
Hi, I was wondering if there was any way to view only base game content when in build/buy mode.
I have all of the EP's installed along with a couple of stuff packs but want to make base game houses.

Thanks.


As long as you don't have the tri packs you can use the Any Game Starter program to have just base game to build in.
Double Deluxe is ok but not the 3 newer tri-packs that came out with only 1 EP and 2 SP.
http://modthesims.info/d/250555/any...9-dec-2017.html

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
DELETED POST
22nd Mar 2019 at 10:06 PM
This message has been deleted by SneakyWingPhoenix.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBrat
Usin just base game stuff If you have all EP/SPs will not make a base game lot playable by others. You'd need to build it using Any Game Starter by Numenor

If you already have this starting a base only game will give you just the base items when building.

Happy building


Would the house that I've built be accepted if I just use my regular game and not Any Game Starter?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 11:06 PM
It would be accepted if it fits all the rules, but as a house that needs all the EP's that you have installed, and all SP's that you used, if you used any items from them.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine
It would be accepted if it fits all the rules, but as a house that needs all the EP's that you have installed, and all SP's that you used, if you used any items from them.


I might as well upload it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBrat
Usin just base game stuff If you have all EP/SPs will not make a base game lot playable by others. You'd need to build it using Any Game Starter by Numenor

Quote:
Originally Posted by marka93
As long as you don't have the tri packs you can use the Any Game Starter program to have just base game to build in.


Thanks for advising the Any Game starter anyway, both of you.
Theorist
#7 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 11:13 PM
With Sims 2 bein well over 10yrs old and then with EAxis givin the UC away building to share w/ all EP/SP's isn't as big a deal as it might of once been. Go read the rules on sharing buildings and then get to buliding. Lets see what goodies you can come up with
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBrat
With Sims 2 bein well over 10yrs old and then with EAxis givin the UC away building to share w/ all EP/SP's isn't as big a deal as it might of once been. Go read the rules on sharing buildings and then get to buliding. Lets see what goodies you can come up with


Thanks I will.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 1:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatermelonSandal
Hi, I was wondering if there was any way to view only base game content when in build/buy mode.
I have all of the EP's installed along with a couple of stuff packs but want to make base game houses.

Thanks.


You need Any Game Starter to make a base game house or just base game installed. Base game means made on the base game engine, it has nothing to do with the content that you add into the house. A blank lot will crash any person game that does not have as high an EP as you do. When you look at a packed lot it will say what game engine it was packed with, this is what decides if a lot is base game, Seasons, Pets etc, not the items.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#10 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 9:14 PM
just base game is possible through AnyGameStarter (AGS); though it would need to be disc version.

Ultimate Collection; Mansion & Garden is required in all combinations of that version of AGS.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 2:42 PM
http://www.theninthwavesims.com/201...tion-files.html

Personal opinion: There are people who will not be able to download your lot - but there are enough players with UC/ all die Expansion and Stuff packs on disks that will.

The UC has only one game engine - Mansion and Gardens - and not separate game engines like the disks. So players are always going to need at least M&G to download a lot from a creator using UC (if you use the new AGS).

There are some great creators using UC - don't let it bother you.

I used the above collection when I took part in a building contest where you had to use base game stuff only.
Back to top